The healing essential oil of frankincense oil is extracted by steam distillation. This is the easiest and most reliable way to process plants. True, the very name of incense for many remains a mystery. Despite the fact that we hear it most often when mentioning various religious rites, the plant’s oil is used in aromatherapy, perfumery, cosmetology, and even medicine.
The history of frankincense oil
In the good old days, incense resin used as an incense. It obtained from trees and shrubs. The composition of the resin depends on the deposit of the plant. There is lemon, dewy, and pink Athos incense. But which one is the real one?
- Fragrant Frankincense essential oil extracted from Boswellia Carteri. You need to remember this species name and look for it on the package.
- Previously, people mined it in a difficult way. At first they waited for the resin to flow out and harden itself. Then they just started to collect it. After some time, they decided to make incisions on the bark.
- The technology is much the same today. They make cuts in the trees, wait for the resin to flow out, then collect it in the rainy season. Up to 500 ml of substance can flow from one plant.
In the old days, frankincense essential oil was very expensive. It was considered a gift for kings. They no coincidence that it was among the gifts brought by the Magi to the newborn Jesus. It believed that oil clarifies the mind, relieves the soul from fear, pacifies, makes it closer to God. Even those who jinxed always fumigated with the scent of incense. People thought that the dark energy then returned to the one who sent it.
Benefits of incense for beauty and health
Aromatherapy lovers believe that frankincense essential oil can truly change our lives for the better for natural skin care products. It reconciles a person with himself and the world around him. Oil allows you to believe in yourself, accumulate internal energy, and share it with other people. The plant also works well for family life. It has the properties to awaken patience and thoughtfulness, to free a person from oppressive thoughts, to avoid hasty conclusions. It even rumored that the oil heals energy vampirism.
List of Benefits
- Frankincense can be used as a massage oil. They need to rub biologically active points. To do this, take 5 drops of frankincense per 10 ml of base oil.
- This same aromatic blend is used to revitalize aging skin. It is used for painful and heavy menstruation to massage the abdomen.
- The composition can be used for severe coughing. With symptoms of bronchial asthma, they massage the chest. The oil is also rubbed on joints, lower back during exacerbations of radiculitis, arthritis and gout.
- Add frankincense essential oil to your face and body care products. It can be gels, foams, creams. Mix it into shampoos and hair conditioners. To do this, you need to take 4 drops per 10 ml of any base oils.
- Frankincense baths have excellent relaxing properties. To do this, dissolve the butter in cream or sea salt. Then pour into a hot tub. You need to take it after a quarter of an hour, how many times a week.
- Frankincense properties are good for any skin type. If you suffer from acne and blackheads, apply it pointwise. Gently lubricate sores, scars, or boils with it. For oily skin, it normalizes sebum production. The product perfectly tones and restores dry skin. The oil whitens freckles, small age spots.
- Frankincense oil is also useful for nails and hair. It actively restores dormant follicles, significantly accelerates the growth of curls. Frankincense strengthens them, restores elasticity, and even removes dandruff. It is known that oil can make brittle and thin nails strong, strong, and healthy again.
- With regular application of the extract, wrinkles around the eyes will gradually disappear. Mix 2 drops of rose and lime. Then add 1 drop of incense. The main thing is to avoid getting into the mucous membrane of the eyes.
- For severe acne, use a steam bath. To do this, add 2 drops of eucalyptus and lemon oil to 500 ml of hot water. Also, add 2 ml of frankincense oil.
- For aging and sagging facial skin, masks with neroli, nutmeg, and incense oil help well. This mixture has excellent properties. You can add pine oil to it. When this complex mixture is applied to the skin, you may feel a slight tingling sensation, even a burning sensation. These unpleasant properties should disappear in a few minutes.
If you want to know the whole truth about the extraction and use of incense, we suggest you watch an interesting video. We wish you to always remain the most attractive!